April 10, 2013

"your hair is sooo long."

"your hair is so long." when someone says this to me, i have no idea how to respond. are they complimenting my self-discipline in not chopping off my hair? or the effectiveness of my prenatal vitamins? or are they noticing the terrible split-ends and subtly hinting that i need a hair cut? i'll be the first to admit that for having long hair, i desperately need to take better care of of my hair. it had been 9 months since i last got a haircut. now that i no longer color my hair, the only reminder i have that i'm in need of haircut are those dreadful split-ends and the anxiety i get when someone tells me my hair is getting so long.  i will often notice my split-ends while sitting at my desk, hard at work. and i think, these office scissors will do the trick. i know, i'm only fooling myself. yesterday, i finally did myself a favor and got a $12 haircut at great clips....not my first choice, but girl's on a budget. i also made a mid-april resolution to get my hair trimmed every 8 weeks, i even put it on my google calender to remind myself. then, i talked myself into purchasing some quality hair products at tj maxx (i can justify anything if purchased at tj maxx). i figure, if i'm not spending money on hair color and getting the cheapest haircut possible, the least i can do is invest in some quality hair care. so to the 3 of you reading this, i'm asking that you keep me accountable in my mid-april resolution. please and thank you!

^^^thanks to hollyhocks for my head scarf-thingy. i got it for 75% off last week and didn't think i'd get to wear it so soon :)

hugs and kisses~s.

p.s. how would emily post respond to "your hair is so long."? she probably never had split-ends.

4 comments:

  1. haha i alway think of you when i hear anyone say that comment. I will keep you accountable! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Ellee! I knew I could count on you :)

      Delete
  2. I just got a $12 haircut last week haha! Id been getting the same comment and it made me so aware of my split ends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. $12 haircuts are the jam! p.s. you're going to be an aunt soon, so exciting!!!!

      Delete